Monday, March 12, 2012

27 Weeks & Some Rambling Thoughts...


Wow - my Third Trimester really snuck up on me!  The First Trimester was at a snails pace for me but the Second seemed to of passed in a blink.  I know this one will too & before we know it, we'll soon have our  new baby snuggled in our arms, Lord willing.

Here I am in all my glory this past weekend, 27w2d.  This is pregnant reality when you are 5'2" and expecting your second.  No cute "Oh you don't even look pregnant from the back", etc.  Not a ton of room to put this baby so by being so short - I grow out in many directions!  I've noticed a little waddle coming back in my step too!

I am doing well with the pregnancy.  Normal aches & pains but nothing too bad.  I am thankful my blood pressure is still holding steady in a great normal range.  I haven't blown up with swelling like I did with bug.  Possibly why I am decently ok with posting a picture of myself online! lol!  I do know when this pregnancy is over that I won't wish to see another glass of milk or eat any eggs again for a long, long time.  I am working on a high protein diet, ala the Dr. Brewer Pregnancy Diet, in hopes of keeping away the Pre-eclampsia that plagued me with my pregnancy with bug.

There are many theories out there to what causes pre-e.  I am guessing that it's not just one cause or one solution.  This diet seems to be working so far, thankfully.  However, I could also be having a better pregnancy because this baby could be a different gender than our bug.  Many people say they have less complications or an easier pregnancy with one gender versus another.  We are always Team Green - so we won't know until the end.  Also - you have a higher risk of pre-e with a first pregnancy & there is no guarantee that you'll get it again for any following pregnancies, even though you'll technically have a higher risk since you have had it before.  Speaking of high risk, I am labeled as such due to my pre-e with bug, even though things are going great so far.  Therefore, I get an ultrasound at each appt to keep an eye on the baby.  Here is a sweet 4D one from my 25 week appt.  Baby looked great.  Was measuring about 1lb 12ozs & the tech captured our littlest one sucking it's thumb.  It was at this moment that my heart swelled as I realized that we would have another little human that we've created that we love just as much as we love our bug.  My heart feels huge & so full.  So much to be thankful for.


Looking forward to a week of amazing weather.  I am not a Winter person.  Just not a fan of layers & bone chilling wind and all else that comes along.  I like one good snow & then for Winter to be over!  I am so ready for Spring and so thankful for a week that will be so pleasant in the 70's where I can get my bug outside for some fresh air (and wear her out so that bedtime is less of a battle, shew).  Also plan to relax a good amount this week.  The hubs was off on a road trip with his cousin last week to Houston to see ZZ Top at the Houston Rodeo.  Long long week of keeping up with an almost 4 year old without my partner in crime.  Beyond thankful for my parents & my in-laws.  Couldn't & wouldn't of made it through the week without their help.  I am certainly no Super Woman at almost 7 months pregnant!

In closing - I would like to add that I am thankful for the hour+ we got back this morning when our bug slept until 8am!  Thank you DST!  I have always been a fan but after a month of our bug being up b/w 6:45-7:15am - I am even more a fan of the little extra rest I was allotted today :-)

 

6 comments:

Lauren said...

So glad to hear things are going well! You're on the home stretch now :)

Lori.Nilan said...

You look great!! I hope the next few weeks go by with you staying healthy. And this weather is AWESOME.

Alison said...

You look cute, love the belly, and the thumb-sucking pic! So glad everything is going well so far this pregnancy!

Kim said...

You look great! So excited for you!

Farrar said...

I loved this post! You are so blessed and I am so happy for you, the hubs, and the bug :-)

I also LOVE that you are Team Green! I plan to join that team too....so fun!

Coupon Clippin' Mommy said...

So cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails