I am so excited about this giveaway! I was contacted by EcoStore USA to host this giveaway & WOW are you'll lucky! EcoStore USA has any product you can think of for yourself & your house! Their products have NO nasty chemicals, nitrates, phosphates, sulphates or synthetic dyes or perfumes. Their products are biodegradable and contain earth safe ingredients
For my review I chose the Pure Oxygen Whitener & the Dishwash Liquid:
Full disclosure before I begin: We have well water in my household. It's not overly hard but it has an elevated iron content that leads to staining of some of our fixtures & appliances - along with our lighter clothes, which after time become dingy & have a slight orangish reddish tint. We have a household filter that slows the damage to some degree but we really need a water softener to correctly treat out water & on one income - that is still a little ways off!
This is why I was so interested with the Pure Oxygen Whitener. With the elevated iron in our water I cannot use bleach because it causes the iron to oxidize. So I gathered a bunch of my husbands tshirts and to the laundry room I went! The Pure Oxygen Whitener reminds me of an eco-friendly Oxy-Clean! After the first wash I noticed a slight difference but it wasn't what I was hoping. I went back to the bottle and read that for strongly stained clothing & for extra effect I should leave them soaking in the washing machine overnight. At the time we were heading out of town the next day so I didn't have overnight to let them soak but I was able to let them soak for 4 hours. Once they finished the wash cycle I pulled them out & there was a noticable, very impressive, difference in the brightness & whiteness of my husbands tshirts. I even casually asked him when he got home if they looked better than normal & he quickly agreed!
Now the Dishwash Liquid was the other product that I received to try. At first use I noticed the light but pleasant citric/lemon scent. It has the same consistency as other dishwash liquid but maybe a little less lather/bubbles. I initially used the dishwash liquid on my daughters bottle items, spoons & sippy cup parts. It cleaned them very well & didn't leave any residue & washed off easily. I then tackled my dinner dishes with it! It easily tackled my dirty pan & dishes from our taco dinner that evening.
I really didn't know what to expect when I received these products to try but I am very pleased with what I have experienced by using these products!
I wanted to note that they are currently running a BOGO promotion if you purchase $50 worth of products!
Now - on to the giveaway!
I am giving away a $25 gift certificate to EcoStore USA! Here are the rules & how to enter:
1) Contest is open from today, September 30th - midnight ET Tuesday, October 6th, 2009!
2) You must be willing to provide your name, address, email & phone number for me if you are the winner - so I can forward your information along to EcoStore USA for you to receive your products!
3) Must be 18+ to enter & US residents only.
4) Leave a comment for an entry - make sure you leave your email address or that it links back to your website so I can contact you.
5) For extra entries (leave a separate comment for each):
* Become a follower of my blog (or let me know if you already are)
* Follow me on Twitter - @savingourway (or let me know if you already do)
* Sign up for the EcoStore USA Newsletter here
* Become a fan of EcoStore USA on Facebook
* Follow EcoStore USA on Twitter - @ecostoreusa
Thanks Maggie at EcoStore USA! I had a great time reviewing these products & hosting a giveaway!